5-Minute Microwave Banana Pancakes have all of the delicious flavors of homemade pancakes with just 4 ingredients!
Pancakes (including our Microwave Pancakes!) are one of the most delicious Breakfast Recipes ever invented, and pretty much everyone knows that you need a stovetop to make them, right?
Wrong! You can make perfectly delicious pancakes in your microwave!
5-MINUTE MICROWAVE BANANA PANCAKES
Sometimes you just need some delicious, bananatastic goodness in your life, and sometimes that comes in the form of tasty Banana Pancakes. Now, if you’ve never had a banana pancake before first of all: what’s wrong with you? And second of all: you NEED to try this recipe out.
Not only do bananas add a rich, thick, creaminess to your standard silver dollar flapjack, they also give them a mild but extremely gratifying flavor that you really can’t find anywhere else.
If you’re feeling apprehensive about how your flapjacks will come out of the microwave, rest assured that they will turn out perfectly every time. Well, unless you don’t follow the directions, in which case what are you even doing here?
HOW TO MAKE 5-MINUTE BANANA PANCAKES
- Combine smashed banana with eggs and Greek yogurt.
- Mix flour and baking powder into the wet batter.
- Pour batter into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 3 minutes.
- If you’d like top with fruit, syrup, or powdered sugar. Enjoy!
VARIATIONS ON 5-MINUTE BANANA PANCAKES
Pancakes have been a big part of breakfast for a very long time, which means that there have been all sorts of variations. Here are some awesome ingredients to add to your Banana Pancakes to make them even more delicious.
- Chocolate Chips
- Chopped Nuts
- Fresh Blueberries
- Chocolate Syrup
- Maple Syrup
PLATE IT UP
Do you know what is one of the most beautiful things in the world? A perfect stack of pancakes layered on top of each other like a column of awesomeness. Which is exactly how you should serve up your Banana Pancakes. Yes, we know that you’re cooking them in a bowl, but that’s no reason not to get a little creative and make a stack.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
So, fully cooked pancakes are absolutely nasty reheated, and that’s a fact. So, to get around that fact, eat them all in one sitting and then save whatever batter you have left. The batter will stay good in a sealed container in the fridge for up to a week, so you can make as many batches as you want.
$: This is a really cost-effective recipe, even though it does have a slightly long list of ingredients. The most expensive part of this recipe is the yogurt, but depending on the brand you can find it pretty cheap at your local grocery store.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook for 3:36.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook the Banana Pancakes for about 5 minutes.
5-Minute Microwave Banana Pancakes
- 1/2 banana super ripe, mashed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup pancake Mix
- Add butter and banana to a cereal bowl.
- Melt on 50% power in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix with water then add in pancake mix and mix well.
- Do not overmix the batter, it will be a bit lumpy.
- Microwave on 50% power for 1 minute (until the top is not wet). Eat immediately, it will deflate and become tougher as it sits.