Microwave Cauliflower and Cheese is creamy and cheesy with just 5 ingredients and less than 10 minutes. Skip the carbs!
Cauliflower and Cheese is incredibly easy, and no one will believe that it came out of your microwave. In fact, you’ll probably have to show them your process to get them to believe you. That’s how good this dish is but also, check out our other Side Dishes while you’re at it!
MICROWAVE CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE
Cauliflower is the most versatile food ever. You can use it as a meat substitute, you can bake it into a crunchy snack, and you can add cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, and a blend of spices and bam! You’ve got yourself a delicious, filling casserole that doesn’t take hours in the oven. You also end up with single servings so you don’t end up with a full pan just sitting in the fridge for months.
The amazing thing about this dish is that it’s so crammed full of deliciousness with just a few ingredients that it tastes just like comfort food from your home town without actually having to go back. Because you never truly can.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE
This is a great side to go with any main dish. Except for maybe pancakes. The jury is still out on that one. Some awesome things that you can serve with Cauliflower and Cheese are leftovers from your favorite restaurant, microwaveable pork chops, chicken strips, or even things as fancy as chicken cordon bleu.
VARIATIONS ON CAULIFLOWER AND CHEESE
- Add-ins: Do you like crushed nuts, chopped green onions, or fried onions? Add them into the mix or sprinkle them over the top. You can even go full “Funeral Potato” and crumble potato chips or corn flakes on them. The possibilities are truly endless, but the more crunchy goodness you add, the more you negate anything healthy about this recipe.
PLATE IT UP
Okay, so we’re advancing past plate technology and are delving into the realm of bowls. It’s okay, we’ll get through it together. Get out a bowl and make your Cauliflower and Cheese in it, then wipe any excess sauce off of the edges with a paper towel. Sprinkle some more cheese over the top decoratively and serve it up! Even if you’re just serving it up for yourself, you deserve a dramatic presentation.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
All you need are some sealable bags or plastic wrap and a fridge, and voila! You’ve got dinner for tomorrow night and you don’t even have to cook it. That truly is the dream, and you can live it! You just want to eat it in a week or less or that dream may become a nightmare.
$: This recipe costs a little more upfront, but you can get a few meals out of the ingredients so it’s totally worth stretching the budget a little bit. That said, it is still extremely inexpensive and the ingredients are crazy easy to find.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to heat the Cauliflower and Cheese for 3:36 minutes, then again for another 3:36 minutes. Finally, cook it for one more 1:12.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook for 5 minutes, then again for another 5 minutes. Finally, cook it for one more 1:43.
Microwave Cauliflower and Cheese
- 2 cups frozen cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese , , shredded
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Microwave the frozen cauliflower 3 minutes covered with a wet paper towel.
- Drain water and add the mayonnaise, mustard, garlic salt and cheese, stirring gently until covered.
- Cover with a wet paper towel again.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.
- Gently stir until cheese is fully melted and creamy, then add pepper and serve.