The Microwave Omelette is the next level of breakfast, with bell peppers, ham, cheese and eggs. Cooked in just 2 minutes, breakfast has never been this easy!
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so make yourself a high protein, cheesy, delicious Omelette in the comfort of your own microwave. Check out more of our Breakfast Recipes and make your whole week’s menu!
One of the true tests of being a chef is whether or not you can make an Omelette well. It’s one of those dishes that’s easy to learn, but almost impossible to perfect. Lucky for everyone involved here, we have come up with the most gourmet, impressive Microwave Omelette known to humankind, so you can claim master chef status, at least amongst your friends.
Before you get intimidated, this is one of the simplest, most straight forward recipes that you can try, and it turns out pretty much perfect every time. You can also add a ton of extras into it to make it more your style, and you can make a bunch of them in no time at all.
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE OMELETTE
- Combine all ingredients in a cereal bowl and mix.
- Cook for 1 minute.
- Stir, then top with shredded cheese and cook for 1 additional minute.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MICROWAVE OMELETTE
Omelets are like the little black dress of breakfast, in that it goes with everything. You can serve it up with toast, pancakes, breakfast sausage, hash browns and more. You can also cut up some fresh fruit to serve on the side if you’re going for a high brunch aesthetic. Just ask your friends to bring over the stuff to make a mimosa and you’re all set.
VARIATIONS ON MICROWAVE OMELETTE
- Add-ins: We can’t talk about Omelettes without mentioning the best thing in the whole world to add to it. That thing is bacon. Add bacon to your Omelette to give it a crunchy, savory, awesomeness that is hard to beat. We also love adding a drizzle of hot sauce, like Sriracha or Chili Sauce.
PLATE IT UP
Pull your Omelette out of the microwave and set it on a clean plate. Then, take some Sriracha and drizzle it over the top in a pretty pattern. It will look like something from your favorite diner, and you get a little extra zing of spice.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Well, the bad news is that Omelettes really don’t keep well, since reheating them either fry them beyond recognition or makes them mushy. The good news is that this recipe makes just enough to enjoy without leaving too many leftovers.
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES
$: This Omelette is a lot more than just an egg, which means that you need to get a few more ingredients. Don’t worry though, you can get everything for pretty cheap and you can make a whole lot of omelets from them. That’s breakfast for a few days for not a ton of money, which is always a win.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook for about 1:12.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook for 1:43, but keep an eye on it.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper , diced
- 2 slices ham , diced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- Combine all ingredients in a cereal bowl and whisk with fork until combined.
- Cook for 1 minute then stir again and cook for 1 minute.
- If your microwave isn't very powerful the middle may be slightly raw, just microwave for an additional 1 minute.