Microwave Cinnamon Roll Cake is buttery and creamy, drizzled with cream cheese icing, with just the right amount of sweet and sticky cinnamon bun flavor.
Cinnamon Roll Cake takes everything that is amazing about cinnamon rolls and makes them even bigger and better. It’s basically Mega Ultra Cinnamon Roll, which is the stuff of legends.
MICROWAVE CINNAMON ROLL CAKE
Okay, so it’s winter time, you’re supposed to be studying but all you can think about is something delicious, gooey, buttery, and rich. You know if you leave your room, the chances of coming back to study any time soon are slim to none but you can’t shake that craving.
Enter the Cinnamon Roll Cake. It’s got the all the flavor or a cinnamon roll but you don’t have to any complicated baking and kneading of dough, not like that was even an option to begin with.
Cinnamon Roll Cake is super easy and you don’t need a nice oven to make it. You just need a working microwave, a bowl, and a fork.
This Cake recipe makes enough for 2 people to have a bite, and it’s so good you’ll have people lining up to be the lucky one who gets to share it with you. Hey it might even be a way to lure a study buddy that will actually keep you on track and focused.
MORE EASY DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE CINNAMON ROLL CAKE
- Make the cake batter.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Make your cinnamon roll icing.
- Microwave for 10 seconds
- Pour in a swirl.
- Sprinkle over cinnamon.
SERVE IT WITH
You can add a dollop of Cool Whip to the mix for a little extra sweetness. If you have some extra ice cream kicking around, you can serve it on slice of Cinnamon Roll Cake. Chocolate, vanilla, mint chocolate chip (yes, mint!), whatever flavor you got will taste good. We can’t say yay or nay on whether sherbet goes with it. Let us know if you brave it!
VARIATIONS ON CINNAMON ROLL CAKE
- Add ins: Okay, so it’s your cake, go nuts with it! Literally, you can mix in some crushed nuts. See what we did there? Nuts like pecans or walnuts go really well with the cake.
- Chocolate: Obviously chocolate can make everything better. Add some chips of pretty much any flavor, like white chocolate, dark chocolate, butterscotch (not chocolate but still tasty).
- Toppings: You can make gooey cream cheese frosting to keep it classic, but you can also use peanut butter frosting, with crushed nuts over the top to hide your poor frosting skills. Or for a simple topping, some melted butter and cinnamon sugar would taste ah-maze-ing.
If you want to look like you’re a professional Cake Arranger (yes, that is totally a real title, why do you ask?) start by scooping some ice cream, then slide a piece of cake onto the plate next to it. Top the cake with a dollop of cool whip or frosting, then dust the top with chopped nuts or chocolate chips and presto! A beautiful dessert that you can smash into your face.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Cover the bowl of cake tightly with plastic wrap or stuff what’s left into a sealable bag to keep the air out. It should stay tasty in the fridge for up to 4 days, but you should eat it quick to keep anyone else form getting to it first.
$$: There’s some not so common ingredients like buttermilk and applesauce that you probably won’t have on hand. However, once you buy them you can keep making Cinnamon Roll Cake until you run out or get tired of it.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook your cake for 1:12.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook the cake for 1:43 but keep an eye on it.
Microwave Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter , softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese , softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 pinch cinnamon , optional
- Mash together butter, sugar and egg.
- Add in the sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in flour, baking powder and cinnamon until smooth.
- Microwave mixture on high power for 2 minutes .
Cream Cheese Icing
- Mix ingredients together with fork then microwave for 10 seconds to make warm and pour over cake in a swirl before adding a dash of cinnamon.