Crunchy, salty, sweet, and delicious, Sweet Potato Chips are incredibly easy to make and are the perfect late-night snack.
Never be a slave to convenience store hours again! If you’re craving chips at 3 am, you can have yourself some delicious, homemade ones without even having to put on pants.
What did pants ever do for you, anyway?
MICROWAVEABLE SWEET POTATO CHIPS
It sucks when you need something crunchy in your life, and all the stores are closed. You can either just sadly go to sleep without any chips, or you can make yourself as many as you’d like in your microwave!
Sounds crazy, you say? It’s just crazy enough to work. Unlike that other crazy thing, you tried when you wanted to get your ex back. Don’t do that again, it was weird.
Sweet Potato Chips are crunchy, salty, and have just enough sweetness to make them fun and different.
They’re also shockingly simple to make, you really just need some sweet potatoes, a mandolin, and a microwave.
Before you bust out the stringed instrument, we do in fact mean a kitchen mandolin, and part of us thinks you already knew that.
VARIATIONS ON MICROWAVEABLE SWEET POTATO CHIPS
Yes, salt and pepper are the rock stars of the spice world, but here are some other absolutely delicious toppings you can try, if you want to make things a little more interesting.
- Cajun Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Avocado Oil
- Curry Powder
- Truffle Oil
- Melted Cheese
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Take your leftover chips and put them in a sealable bag or container.
They will stay good for up to about a week as long as you keep excess air and moisture out. You also want to make sure you reseal them well when you’re done snacking, or they will go stale pretty fast.
$: This recipe is incredibly cheap since you really only need 4 ingredients and 2 of them are salt and pepper. You can most likely find everything you need at the grocery store for under $10, depending on the quantities you buy, which makes this a good money-saving recipe in the long run.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook for 4:10, then check them out to see how crips they are.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook the Sweet Potato Chips for about 6 minutes, check them and then add another 30 seconds as needed.
Sweet Potato Chips
- 1 large sweet potato , scrubbed clean
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Slice sweet potatoes
- Toss with oil, salt and pepper.
- Add parchment paper to your microwave plate and top with sweet potatoes in a single layer.
- Microwave on high power for 3-4 minutes or until crispy but not browned.