Microwave Beer Cheese Dip is an awesome, easy appetizer made in five minutes with beer, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon.
What could be better than cheese and beer coming together to make the richest, most delicious masterpiece of a dip? We can’t think of anything, we’re too busy trying out more of our AWESOME Dip Recipes we just made.
MICROWAVE BEER CHEESE DIP
It’s time to put your game face on and your game treats out! Everyone’s on their way over to your dorm to watch the Super Bowl and you’re gonna need something cheesy and wonderful to keep sports fans from both sides getting along. Beer Cheese Dip combines the sudsy flavor of beer with the best thing in the whole world: cheese. This dip is basically a microwavable fondue that you can make in only a few minutes in your microwave. What’s not to love?
The hardest part about making Beer Cheese Dip is keeping yourself from eating it straight out of the bowl with a spoon before it’s even done cooling down. Don’t do that. You’re better than that.
WHAT TO SERVE BEER CHEESE DIP WITH
Do you have a powerful love of pretzels? Soft pretzels are basically made for a dip since their rich, spongy, dense texture absorbs the cheese perfectly. We try not to play favorites, but soft pretzels in Beer Cheese Dip is the absolute best. You can also dunk tortilla chips, regular pretzels, pretzel thins or pumpernickel bread. Another delicious option is to get those leftover breadsticks from last week’s pizza party and dunk them.
VARIATIONS ON BEER CHEESE DIP
- Beer: What kind of beer is your favorite? You can influence the flavor of the dip quite a bit by using different kinds of beer. Strong flavored beers, like hazy beers or hoppy beers, aren’t advised because they can clash with the cheese. You also shouldn’t use too dark of a beer because it can be just as overpowering. I would use an amber ale that has a nutty or flowery flavor.
PLATE IT UP
Find yourself some delicious, savory dippers and arrange them on a plate so that you can fit a bowl in the center. It looks best if you arrange them in a spiral moving outwards. Then, take the bowl full of hot cheesy goodness and put it in the middle. You’ve got a charming treat that is perfect for sharing.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Okay, so not gonna lie, this gets a little bit tricky. The defining factor of Beer Cheese Dip is the rich, cheesy, gooeyness of it, which means that once it’s no longer warm, it turns hard. Cover the bowl that it’s in with some plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. It will stay good for up to a week, but reheating it is a little tricky since the dip can separate. Heat it in 30-minute increments until the heat and consistency are right, and stir it vigorously in between. It should get back to its original delicious texture.
MORE DELICIOUS APPETIZER RECIPES
$$: You’re going to need a handful of different spices and sauces, which shouldn’t cost you too much. We all know the real expense is going to come from the beer. It is absolutely essential that you get a six-pack of beer that won’t only compliment the cheese, but is delicious enough to drink with your dip.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook for about 2:24 to 3:36, and then for 1:12.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook for 3:26 to 5:09, and then for 1:45, but keep an eye on it.
Microwave Beer Cheese Dip
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- 6 ounces cream cheese , softened (make sure this is very soft)
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- Microwave everything mixed together for 2 minutes.
- Mix well again and microwave for an additional 1 minute.
Leave a comment & rating