Microwave Cheesy Bean Dip is perfect for game day with cream cheese, cheddar, taco seasoning and refried beans, ready in just 5 minutes!
It’s cheesy, it’s full of beans, and it’s the most delicious dip- you can throw together last minute right before everyone shows up to watch the big game. You can serve it with chips, veggies, or even those breadsticks you got with your last pizza.
MICROWAVE CHEESY BEAN DIP
So you’ve gathered all of your fantasy football friends in your dorm for drafting day, and tensions are high. Craig, your friend from work who always manages to snag the best players out from under you, is moving in for the kill. The player that you’re both eyeing is your only hope for staying in the game. What do you do? Distract Craig with a delicious appetizer! Make some delicious Cheesy Bean Dip in your microwave and present it to the group at a key moment. It works every time.
This dip is super quick and easy, and you can always play it off like you just thought about it at the last minute, since the whole thing is done and ready to eat in less than 10 minutes.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MICROWAVE CHEESY BEAN DIP
Seriously, what can’t you dunk into this dip? Well, a few things, actually. However, you can dunk everything from sliced up celery to corn chips. Stick to salty and savory dippers, though. Dunking cookies into bean dip is a level of weird that no one is wants.
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE CHEESY BEAN DIP
- Stir together all the ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high until hot, 3 to 5 minutes.
VARIATIONS ON MICROWAVE BEAN DIP
- Add-ins: Do you have tomatoes and onions? Or, chop up some fresh cilantro (if you buy it in the bunches from the grocery store you will end up with more cilantro than you could ever imagine and it will inevitably die in your fridge alone. Be kind to cilantro, use leftovers from your take out tacos or split a batch with your roommate.)
PLATE IT UP
Once you’ve cooked the dip, scrape any residual cheese off the rim and stir everything well. Carefully set it on a plate, arrange your dippers around the bowl, then dive into it with the ferocity of a rabid animal. Or, if there’s more than just you enjoying this dip, maybe let everyone else get a few bites in. Maybe. If you really like them.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Cover the bowl in plastic wrap to keep moisture out, and put the bowl in the fridge. Follow these directions and your dip will stay good for up to 5 days. Don’t follow these directions and face sorrow and shame. The choice is yours.
MORE RECIPES TO ENJOY:
$: You need a few ingredients to make this dip, but that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a lot of money. You can find pretty much everything for not too expensive. You can also use taco seasoning packets from your local fast food taco joint if you don’t want to buy a full package of it.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook for between 3:36 and 6:00, and again for about as long until it’s the right temperature.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook for about 5:09 to 8:34, but keep an eye on it.
Microwave Cheesy Bean Dip
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix
- Mix all the ingredients together in a cereal bowl.
- Microwave on high until hot, 3 minutes.
Leave a comment & rating