Microwave Caramel Sauce made with butter, brown sugar, evaporated milk (no heavy cream!) and a pinch of salt. The perfect dessert topping in 1 minute!
Caramel Sauce isn’t just a topping, it’s an absolute way of life. It’s great on practically everything, it keeps really well, and now you don’t even need to go pick it up at the store, you can make it yourself! It’s super easy and takes only a few minutes from start to messy, sugary, delicious finish.
MICROWAVE CARAMEL SAUCE
Have you ever looked at the bowl of ice cream you just scooped yourself and thought that it looked a little, well, naked? There’s an easy fix for that, just whip up some delicious Caramel Sauce to top everything off with! Seriously, you can top anything with Caramel Sauce, we’ve even tried it over pancakes (don’t you dare judge until you’ve tried it, it’s delicious), and our recipe is super quick and simple to make.
MORE DESSERT RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE CARAMEL SAUCE
- Combine strawberries with lemon juice and sugar.
- Add to a cereal bowl and cover with a wet paper towel and put it on a plate (this will catch any overflow of strawberry juice).
- Microwave for 5 minutes, stir, then microwave for 5 minutes.
- When thickened let cool to room temperature and store in the fridge.
- If when cool it isn’t thick enough, microwave again.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MICROWAVE CARAMEL SAUCE
Okay, it’s actually harder to think of things that Caramel Sauce doesn’t go on. Steak is pretty much it, honestly. You can serve Caramel Sauce over ice cream, on top of Sundaes, on pancakes, over donuts, on a cake, in hot chocolate, or even on celery sticks, just to name a few.
VARIATIONS ON MICROWAVE CARAMEL SAUCE
You can serve your Caramel Sauce on top of everything we listed above, but what can you actually make with the sauce? Well, we’re so glad you asked!
- Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- Oatmeal Nutella Cake
- 5-Minute Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Milkshakes
- Cake Batter Milkshakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Caramel Sauce will stay good for about 2 weeks if you keep it in a sealed container in the fridge. Don’t let excess moisture into the container or your sauce can get super funky. You can leave Caramel Sauce out at room temperature for a few hours, but you run the risk of it turning rock hard or spoiling, so it’s better to play it safe and keep it in the fridge.
$: There’s only a few ingredients needed to make this recipe, which means that you really don’t have to spend very much money at all. That’s awesome news for those of us who don’t have two dollars to rub together. (You will need more than $2 for this though.)
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to microwave the butter for about 35-seconds, then once you’ve added more ingredients, cook them for another35-seconds. Finish cooking the sauce for a final 18-seconds.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Melt the butter for 50-seconds, then cook the next set of ingredients for 50-seconds. Finish everything for 25-seconds.
Microwave Caramel Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Place butter in a bowl and microwave on high 30 seconds.
- Add brown sugar, cream, and salt; stir to combine, and microwave on high 30 seconds.
- Carefully remove, stir, and microwave on high 15 seconds. Stir and serve.
Leave a comment & rating