Microwave Chicken Parmesan Bowls are an easy dinner with chicken nuggets, sauce, cheese and secret crunch topping that you can make in less than 5 minutes!
Chicken Parmesan is a staple of Italian restaurants all over, but you don’t have to leave your dorm room to enjoy some. While you’re here check out more of our Dinner Recipes too!
MICROWAVE CHICKEN PARMESAN BOWLS
Do you want something classic, elegant, decadent and high class to enjoy for dinner tonight? We all do, which is why we developed this delicious dish! Microwave Chicken Parmesan Bowls are just as delicious as Chicken Parmesan from a nice restaurant for only a fraction of the cost. Plus you can enjoy this version in the comfort of your unwashed unicorn onesie, while we’re pretty sure that most restaurants won’t appreciate that.
Chicken Parmesan is something that you may not immediately think of when you think “microwave food,” but you won’t believe that something this fantastic can come out in so little time. It’s also a great date night dinner to make when you want some cozy one on one time with your S.O. and don’t have the cash to go out.
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE CHICKEN PARMESAN BOWLS
- In your bowl layer the cooked pasta, chicken, marinara sauce, croutons, and mozzarella cheese.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN PARMESAN BOWLS
I will only say this once, so listen up: noodles. Make yourself a big plate of noodles go with your delicious Chicken Parmesan. You can make egg noodles, fettuccine, angel hair, penne, spaghetti, you name it. As of this posting, it has not been tried with instant ramen, but we’re going to go ahead and suggest that you don’t try it.
We used a package of 60 second pasta because it’s shelf stable, so no boiling needed. They sell them in a bunch of different shapes and it is the perfect single serving size!
VARIATIONS ON CHICKEN PARMESAN BOWLS
- Toppings: If you have some basil lying around, sprinkle it over the top of the chicken. It looks amazing and it adds a little something to the taste. If you have fresh basil, even better.
PLATE IT UP
Chicken Parmesan Bowls are already incredibly elegant, so it doesn’t take much to make them look amazing. You can start by taking those tasty egg noodles you made and arranging them in a bowl. Put the chicken on top of it and then pour the tomato sauce across the top. It looks amazing, tastes amazing, and you can fool your friends into believing that you actually took that cooking class you swore you were going to enroll in.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Take whatever is left from your dinner and put it in a freezer bag or just cling film the top of the bowl it’s in. Just make sure to keep the moisture out. If you plastic wrap the bowl, you eliminate that extra step when you’re hungover and need to heat up some food fast while you still can.
MORE DINNER RECIPES:
$$: The most expensive part about this recipe is getting the chicken. Everything else is fairly cheap, depending on how much you want to splash out on nice Mozzarella. That’s right, we know how much you like artisan cheeses.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook for about 3:00.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook for 4:00.
Microwave Chicken Parmesan Bowls
- 8 chicken nuggets , cooked
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup croutons
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Add chicken nuggets to cereal bowl and top with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, croutons and garlic salt.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.