Bacon and Potato Corn Chowder with no refrigerated ingredients but crazy creamy! Includes creamed corn, corn, chiles, evaporated milk and bacon crumbles.
Do you like chowder? Would you like some chowder? Why not make some? Seriously, it’s super easy, doesn’t take long, and is so much better than those microwaveable dinners you’ve been eating. Make more of our Soup Recipes while you’re at it.
MICROWAVE BACON AND POTATO CORN CHOWDER
Got a blender? Check. Got some corn and milk? Check. Got green chiles, potatoes and bacon? Double check. Got one you-know-what of a cold? Check. Let’s make some chowder. All you have to do is blend up some corn and milk, then pour it into that one last mug that doesn’t have old coffee in it and put it in the microwave with corn, chiles, and the life-giving bacon. Let it cool off before you chug it though, or you’ll end up with more than just a cold. You’ll have burns on your tongue, and no one wants that.
HOW TO MAKE BACON AND POTATO CORN CHOWDER
- Blend half your corn and the milk in a blender.
- Put the mixture in a microwave safe mug and add the other half, corn, green chiles, and bacon.
- Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave on high for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until hot, but before boiling.
- Let cool for 1 minute, then season to taste with pepper.
MORE SOUP RECIPES
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Cover the mug with some plastic wrap and stick it in the fridge. It will last for about a week, as long as you keep it sealed and don’t leave it open for mold to grow on.
$$: You need corn, potatoes, milk, green chiles, bacon, salt and pepper. These ingredients can add up, but overall it’s pretty cost effective.
MORE THINGS TO ENJOY WITH YOUR CHOWDER
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook the chowder for 1:48 to 3:00.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Start by microwaving for about 2:34 to 4:17.
Microwave Bacon and Potato Corn Chowder
- 3/4 cup canned corn , drained
- 3/4 cup creamed corn , do not drain
- 1 potato , peeled and small dice
- 2 tablespoons diced green chiles , (from a 4 ounce can)
- 1 cup evaporated milk , (from a 5 ounce can)
- 2 tablespoons bacon crumbles
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Add potato to a cereal bowl and cover with water.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Drain water.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and stir.
- Microwave for 3 minutes.