Cheesy Tomato Soup is one of the easiest comfort foods you’ll ever make, and it turns out thick, creamy and perfect every time in just 5 minutes!
Canned tomato soup is fine, we guess, but you can totally make your own delicious version using just a handful of ingredients and a microwave. The soup turns out delicious, thick, cheesy and creamy every time, and you don’t even have to clean up very much when you’re done.
MICROWAVE CHEESY TOMATO SOUP
It’s late, you’re hungry, and you simply can’t do another bleak meal out of a microwave tray. Never fear, you can whip up a delicious, nutritious and filling soup using 5 ingredients and a microwave. Just chuck everything into a bowl, stir it, and warm it up. It’s so simple, anyone can do it!
Tomato Soup has been a long time favorite of grilled cheese enthusiasts the world over, and we 100% recommend making a sandwich to go with your soup. You know, so the soup doesn’t get lonely. No one likes lonely soup.
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE CHEESY TOMATO SOUP
Mix together pasta sauce, vegetable broth and black pepper in a cereal bowl.
Top with a wet paper towel and microwave for 4-5 minutes.
Add in the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
Microwave for 2 minutes.
Wait 2 minutes before eating.
VARIATIONS ON MICROWAVE CHEESY TOMATO SOUP
You can do all sorts of things with this soup, it is just that customizable. Basically, all you need to do to completely switch up the flavor is to add a few key ingredients. Try some of our all-time favorites.
- Fresh thyme
- A drizzle of fresh cream
- Canned tomato paste (to add texture)
MORE SOUP RECIPES
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHEESY TOMATO SOUP
Tomato Soup has one natural BFF in the wild, and that is, of course, the grilled cheese sandwich. Grilled cheese sandwiches and Tomato Soup create the perfect symbiotic relationship, where the crunch of the sandwich and the rich, creaminess of the soup combine to make the perfect late-night snack or quick dinner.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Just cover the bowl of soup with some plastic wrap, or pour it into a sealable bag and put it in the fridge. It will stay good for about a week, so whenever you’re starving late at night and want something warm and delicious, chuck it in the microwave and you’re ready to go.
$: You only have to buy roughly 5 ingredients, and you can get everything for extremely inexpensive. You can even get some of the ingredients, like the packet of pepper, from your last take out order. Always save those free packets!
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook for 4:50-6, then again for another 2:25 minutes.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook the soup for about 6:50-8:35, then add another 3:25 minutes.
Microwave Cheesy Tomato Soup
- 1 cup chunky tomato and garlic pasta sauce
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper , 1 packet
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- Mix together pasta sauce, vegetable broth and black pepper in a cereal bowl.
- Top with a wet paper towel and microwave for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and parmesan cheese.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Wait 2 minutes before eating.