Microwave Black Bean Soup is a hearty dinner with black and refried beans, corn, salsa and chicken broth topped with cheddar cheese in 5 minutes!
There’s only so many pizzas (Try our Microwave Pita Pepperoni Pizza) you can eat before you just crave something healthy for a change. You can make a bowl of Black Bean Soup in the microwave that looks and tastes like you got it from a restaurant. In fact you’ll love all our Soup Recipes, so be sure to check them out!
MICROWAVE BLACK BEAN SOUP
Black beans are high in protein, they’ve got a great texture, and they’re a good way to supplement a diet that’s 90% bacon bits. Black Bean Soup is packed full of flavor and nutrients and you don’t have to wait for it to be delivered, it only takes about 2 minutes in the microwave. You just add everything to a bowl, stir it, and heat it up for 2 minutes.
This recipe makes 4 servings, which means that you can share some with your roommate and you can each have seconds. Or one of you can have one serving and the other can have 3, we don’t judge. You can also serve it up with garlic bread when you and your friends get together for a cozy night in.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH BLACK BEAN SOUP
If you bought a loaf of bread and promised yourself that you’d make yourself sandwiches for lunch this week instead of eating at the Student Union but then didn’t, you can use a few pieces of bread to dunk in the soup. It’s delicious and you get some use to of the bread before it goes stale.
VARIATIONS ON BLACK BEAN SOUP
- Add-ins: Do you enjoy black beans, sprouts, chickpeas, or baby corn? Good news, you can get al of these ingredients from cans for very cheap, and they are great mixed into this hearty soup. You can also use up some of those tortilla chips you’ve got leftover from your last party by sprinkling them over the top of the soup.
MORE SOUP RECIPES
PLATE IT UP
Pour the soup into a bowl and chop up some fresh cilantro or take the leftover green onions you chopped and sprinkle them over the top. It may sound fairly simple, but dusting the top with some greens makes the soup look fancy and you can ignore the fact that you’re serving it in a paper bowl.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or pour the whole thing into a freezer bag, then stuff it into the mini-fridge between takeout cartons. It should stay good for up to a week as long as if stays properly sealed.
$: Pretty much everything you need to make the tastiest soup to ever come out of a microwave you can find in the canned food section of the grocery store for pretty cheap.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook the soup for about 2:24.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook for 3:26, but keep an eye on it.
Microwave Black Bean Soup
- 1/2 cup canned black beans , rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup canned corn , drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning , 1/2 packet
- 1/2 packet lime seasoning , or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large cereal bowl.
- Cover with a wet paper towel and microwave on high for 3minutes.
Leave a comment & rating