Microwave Coffee Cake is a rich cake made with butter, sour cream and egg, topped with a crumbly butter, cinnamon and brown sugar topping in just 5 minutes!
Microwave Coffee Cake is so moist and delicious that we don’t mind saying the word “moist.” when discussing this awesome Breakfast Recipe!
90% of people love Coffee Cake, and the other 10% are lying.* If you’ve ever dreamed of being able to make a hot, delicious Coffee Cake in a microwave (who hasn’t?) then today is the day you make that dream a reality.
*Not an accurate statement at all.
MICROWAVE COFFEE CAKE
Kuchen. Gugelhupf. Arany galuska. These are all other names for Coffee Cake, which is a useless piece of information you can use to sound cool. You’re welcome. The next time you’re cramming for that final you swear was next week, not this week, make yourself a coffee and some Gugelhupf to go with it. Sounds obvious, right? Well, this one’s made in a microwave, which already makes it cooler than your everyday boring cake. So there.
This coffee cake is rich with butter, sour cream and eggs. If you want to make it even richer add walnuts to your brown sugar and butter topping.
Plus, since you can make it in five minutes, you can turn on your coffee maker, make a coffee and coffee cake in all under 10 minutes, completely fresh. Why go to a coffee shop when you can do it at home?
MORE DELICIOUS BREAKFAST RECIPES:
SAVE SOME MICROWAVE COFFEE CAKE FOR LATER
So you made Microwave Coffee Cake, you fell asleep, and you woke up face-down on the desk. Coffee Cake can last at room temperature for a few days, so all is not lost. Wrap your cake up in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to keep your roommate’s visibly growing number of pet fruit flies from getting to it and also extending the shelf like by 2 days.
$: You need flour, butter, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, and baking powder. If you’re the foodie type you may already have everything, in which case: good for you. If you don’t, you can find everything at your local grocery store for not a whole lot of money.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook this recipe for 1:33, depending on how burning hot you want your cake.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking, you need to keep an eye on it. Cook your Coffee Cake for about 2:17, and test it with a finger tip before you spoon a heaping scoop into your mouth.
Microwave Coffee Cake
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter , softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Crumble
- 1 /2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar , packed
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Mash together butter, sugar and egg until well mixed.
- Add in sour cream and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in flour and baking powder until just combined.
- In a second bowl, mash together butter, flour, sugar and cinnamon with a fork.
- Sprinkle crumble over the cake batter
- Microwave for 90 seconds or until the top of the cake is no longer wet.
Leave a comment & rating