Microwave Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito in a Bowl is a healthy, filling breakfast with protein.
It’s important to have a delicious breakfast, especially when it’s the middle of midterms and you really need to focus. Microwave Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burritos are extremely filling and tasty, and you can make the whole thing inside a single bowl. What’s not to love?
There comes a time when you’ve eaten cereal every day for over a month and the mere sight of it makes you ill. However, you need something quick and delicious to eat that isn’t boring. Make yourself a scrumptious Microwave Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito in a bowl! There’s only one dish to clean afterward, and you only need about a minute to make the whole thing. Plus, you end up with a piping hot, delicious burrito, which is an absolute win in our book.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH MICROWAVE EGG AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BURRITO
Breakfast Burritos are the rockstars of the breakfast room, and just like any real rock star, it will require some backup dancers. Serve up your breakfast burrito with microwave sausages, bacon, cereal, or even a bowl of oatmeal. The only thing holding you back is how late you Wake up in the morning.
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE EGG AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BURRITO
- Line a 2-cup microwave-safe cereal bowl with a microwave-safe paper towel. Press a tortilla into a bowl. Break 1 egg into the center of the tortilla. Beat the egg gently with a fork until blended, being careful not to tear tortilla.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave until the egg is almost set, 15 to 30 seconds longer.
- Remove the tortilla with paper towel liner from bowl to flat surface. Top the egg with cheese and salsa. Fold the bottom of tortilla over the egg, then fold in the sides.
VARIATIONS MICROWAVE EGG AND CHEESE BREAKFAST BURRITO
- Add-ins: Breakfast burritos are like beautiful, edible pieces of art: you can mix and match whatever you’d like in them. Try chopping up some onions, bell peppers, or shallots, as well as mixing in some pico de Gallo, or even a little guacamole. The sky is the limit.
PLATE IT UP
If you managed to actually wake up on time and want to have a nice, relaxing breakfast, you can dress up your breakfast burrito. Make it as usual, then set it down on your nicest clean plate. Take a bottle of Sriracha and pour a neat drizzle across the top in whatever design makes you happy. Your burrito is now 10x fancier than it was before, and it still tastes amazing.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Take whatever is left of your burrito, stick it in a sealable bag or container and put it in the fridge. The burrito will stay good for a day or so, but we really recommend eating it fresh, since the tortilla will get soggy. Alternatively, you can save the insides of the burrito in a bowl and throw the leftover tortilla away, then heat up a new one when you’re ready leftovers. Personally, we would go with the second option.
$: This is an excellent breakfast to make if your budget is a little tight this month. Just get some eggs, a package of tortillas, cheese, salsa and voila! You’ve got a delicious breakfast that you can wrap up and take with you when you’re late for that one stupid Gen Ed class that you’ve just got to make it through.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook in :36 intervals.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook your burrito in : 51-second intervals and check the temperature in between.
Microwave Egg and Cheese Breakfast Burrito
- 1 large egg
- 1 flour tortilla
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- Line a 2-cup microwave-safe cereal bowl with a microwave-safe paper towel. Press tortilla into a bowl.
- Break the egg into the center of the tortilla. Beat egg gently with a fork until blended, being careful not to tear tortilla.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds, then stir. Microwave until egg is almost set, 15 to 30 seconds longer.
- Remove the tortilla with paper towel liner from bowl to flat surface. Top egg with cheese and salsa. Fold the bottom of tortilla over the egg, then fold in sides.