Microwave Nutella Rice Krispies Treats (for One!) mixed with the creamy, sweet, delicious hazelnut flavor of Nutella in just five minutes. Skip the pre-made Rice Krispies!
Rice Krispies treats are an absolute classic, partially because of how simple they are to make. And while they are practically perfect, they can always do with a little updating. Add in some Nutella, and you have one of the best combos known to humankind.
SINGLE SERVE MICROWAVE NUTELLA RICE KRISPIES TREAT
A lot of us got started cooking by making Rice Krispies Treats, mostly because the chances of burning ourselves or the house down were pretty slim. But now that we’re adults (or something approximating an adult) we can add pretty much anything we want to the recipe. The very first thing that you should try is Nutella.
Nutella has such a powerfully rich and deliciously creamy flavor that goes really well with the crunchy, sweet taste of the Rice Krispies to make a duo almost as iconic as Tom and Jerry, Pinkie and the Brain, Ren and Stimpy, or any other cartoon animals.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH NUTELLA RICE KRISPIES TREAT
Rice Krispies Treats are amazing served with a cold glass of milk, a cup of coffee, or even some delicious tea. Essentially, Nutella Rice Krispies are the perfect treat to munch on for a light lunch or with friends over coffee.
VARIATIONS ON NUTELLA RICE KRISPIES TREAT
Well, now that you’ve added Nutella, there’s nothing more to add, right? Wrong! Try mixing in some of these delicious additions.
- Chopped nuts
- Chocolate chips
- White chocolate drizzle
- Caramel pieces
- Mini marshmallows
PLATE IT UP
Stack your delicious Nutella Rice Bricks (which is the technical term) into a pyramid on top of a decorative plate or really anything flat and sanitary. You can also make them into any assorted shapes Minecraft style.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Rice Krispies stay good at room temperature for about 2 days if they’re wrapped or put into an airtight container. They do tend to go a little stale as they get older, so we recommend eating them while they’re fresh and delicious.
MORE AWESOME SNACKS!
$: You don’t need many ingredients for this recipe, you just need marshmallows, butter, Rice Krispies, and Nutella. Honestly, you can probably get everything for around $10, as long as you buy off-brand cereal. Plus, if you end up with extra cereal, you can enjoy it for breakfast.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook in 36-intervals.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook the Rice Krispies in 51-second intervals.
Microwave Nutella Rice Krispies Treat
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup Rice Krispies Treats
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- Melt butter in cereal bowl then top with marshmallows.
- Microwave on high for 15 seconds until the marshmallows start to inflate.
- Stir the butter and marshmallows together, add in the nutella and rice krispies until well coated (work fast, it will dry out)
- Press the mixture into your cereal bowl to make into a bar or eat warm.
Leave a comment & rating