Microwave Nutella Cake is made with just 2 ingredients and is flourless. Takes just 2 minutes to cook, no need to make a grocery run for cake!
Nutella really is the food of the gods. It’s so rich and creamy that you could really put it on anything and it would be delicious, figuratively. (Don’t go trying it on everything.) Make that creamy goodness into a cake (and also check out our other Cake Recipes), and you’ve got something even more beautiful.
MICROWAVE FLOURLESS NUTELLA CAKE
College is the time for trying new, exotic foods you may never have eaten before. Like spaghetti and jello. Or a peanut butter and ketchup sandwich. Don’t worry, this cake is NOTHING like those horrible mash-ups.
This cake is ridiculously simple, it’s so creamy and rich, and you just need two ingredients. The hardest part about this recipe is keeping your roommate from eating it all. Seriously, your roommate needs to cut it out!
This is a great cake to whip up at the last minute when you completely forgot about your S.O.’s birthday and are trying to make it look like you totally didn’t. You can use your leftover Nutella to frost the top of the cake by smoothing it with a plastic fork.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH NUTELLA CAKE
Cake by itself looks sad and naked. You don’t want a sad, naked cake, do you? That’s why you should get some French vanilla ice cream and serve up the cake with a few scoops. Trust us, the cake will be happier with a friend, and happy cake tastes better.
Nutella Cake Pro Tips:
- Use an oversized mug, like the one you use for Finals Week or eat cereal out of. This cake is gonna get puffy as it cooks and you don’t want it spilling over the sides.
- Your batter is going to be dark and creamy, which makes it hard to tell if the eggs are all the way mixed. Lift your whisk or fork a few times to see if any egg is not mixed in.
- This cake is gonna look a little gooey but that is okay. In fact, who doesn’t want that?? If it’s risen and set (fluffy and had time to let the Nutella absorb), it’s good to go.
- Plan ahead – the longer you let the Nutella do it’s magic, the better this cake will taste. Let it chill on top of the microwave for 2-3 hours before enjoying.
HOW TO MAKE MICROWAVE FLOURLESS NUTELLA CAKE
- Add the Nutella and egg to a cereal bowl.
- Whisk well together until well combined and no egg streaks remain.
- Microwave for 1 minute.
- Toppings: Okay, you don’t need to have money to make a beautiful cake. All you need is a little sugar, and some nuts. Unless you’re allergic, then don’t! Crush up the nuts (our favorite way is in a freezer bag smashed with that gigantic biology textbook you had to buy but haven’t used at all). Sprinkle the crushed nuts over the top and dust with sugar.
- Add ins: Chocolate chips go well with any cake. What kind of chips, you may ask? All of them. Any kind of chip tastes amazing in this cake, from caramel chips to white chocolate chips and everything in between. You can also stir in nuts, but, again, if you have an allergy DO NOT DO THAT.
A gorgeous cake demands a gorgeous presentation….is probably something a baker would say. In your case, we understand that presentation may not be at the top of your priority list, but a little goes a long way.
- To properly fool your S.O. into thinking that you had all of this planned, get out your cleanest plate.
- If you have a ceramic one, use that. If not, a paper plate will do.
- Slide the cake onto the plate.
- If you intend to frost it, do so now and carefully wipe away any frosting that drips onto the plate.
- Dust the top with sugar, and tell store bought cakes you’re not here to play.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
If you made this for you and not a gift for your S.O. and you also have a bit left, we get it. Cover your cake with plastic wrap and keep it in the fridge for up to a week, but if you want moist cake I’d eat it sooner. You should also carefully label it and/or make a decoy to fool your roommate and keep them away.
$$: You need an egg and Nutella. It will probably run you about $10 if you get a big tub of Nutella, but it’s totally worth it to just have a ton of Nutella hanging around.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook your cake for 1:12.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Cook the cake for 1:43 but keep an eye on it.
Microwave Flourless Nutella Cake
- 1 large egg
- 4 tablespoons Nutella hazelnut spread
- Add Nutella and egg to a cereal bowl.
- Whisk well until the egg is fully incorporated and no egg white remains.
- Cook in microwave for 1 minute.
Leave a comment & rating