Microwave Egg Fried Rice is the perfect meal to impress your friends, charm your enemies, and feed your roommate (maybe).
If you’re craving take out but have negative monies, you can make some yourself. All you need are some basic ingredients, a relatively clean mug, a bowl, a microwave, and a powerful hunger.
MICROWAVE EGG FRIED RICE
Egg Fried Rice is one of the rockstars of the food world. It’s delicious, it’s filling, and you can keep it in your fridge for a long time. Well, you can’t keep it there for months or anything. Don’t be weird. The best part of the this Microwave Egg Fried Rice is you don’t put on pants to greet a delivery driver.
Plus you can enjoy it with any of your favorite leftovers but this won’t have the crunchy bland taste of leftover steamed rice.
OR, if you just want to take that free steamed rice to the next level and make it taste expensive, we’ve got you covered. Fried rice is so easy to make you’ll be shocked.
You can also add chicken or tofu to it to make it into a meal, we like rotisserie chicken or canned chicken breast (heyyyy costco instacart deliveries!) because they’re easy and don’t require us holding raw chicken, ever.
SAVE SOME FOR LATER
Don’t worry about it if you can’t finish it, just cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and put it in the fridge. The rice should last you up to about a week, so you just have to worry about your roommate eating it before you get to it.
$: You need microwaveable rice, peas, an egg, some corn, sesame oil, and soy sauce. This is a really cost effective recipe that you can make whenever.
- 1,000 watts or higher: Higher wattage, lower cook time. Our microwave is about 1,250 watts, but if you have one with about 1,000 watts you will want to cook this recipe like this. Start by microwaving for 1:12, then again for 1:12.
- 700 watts: Microwaves under about 900 don’t heat things evenly or consistently, so don’t go anywhere while you’re cooking. Your cook time will be 1:43, and then again for 1:43.
Microwave Egg Fried Rice
- 3/4 cup cooked long-grain microwave rice
- 1/4 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a mug, beat in the egg well and microwave for 1 minute.
- Place rice in a cereal bowl and cover with a wet paper towel, then microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and sesame oil, stir well to combine.
- Add the vegetables to the rice then cover again and microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir the eggs breaking them all apart and add them to the rice and microwave again the whole mixture for 30 seconds.
Leave a comment & rating